Gloucester, Massachusetts

Gloucester is a quintessential New England fishing town North of Boston. Home to America's original seaport and a huge arts colony,  it's also home of the huge "Fisherman's Memorial" and plaques depicting the ships and people who have never come back from sea since the early 1800's.






Pretty sobering stats.


Above is an old paint factory which is very aged and picturesque and sits on the edge of town. I've read a few blog posts that indicate it may be demolished soon, so I snapped a few shots of it!



Yep, that's the Gorton Fishermen Man. Pretty good stuff for ready-made meals. Try it sometime.


A beautiful schooner and the sparkly water.


A beautiful lone tree on a hill. :)
If you're in the area you can learn more about Gloucester, events, directions and more here.

3 comments:

A New England Life said...

Ahhh, it's been to long since I've been to Gloucester. I just love it there.

Actually the old paint factory is being restored, and in the nick of time before it falls into the ocean!

I hope you went the extra mile up to Rockport!

Mary said...

We did! Tons more pics to come from Rockport! hehe! :))

A New England Life said...

Good morning, Mary.

You asked what beach I shot the photos on. It was Jenness beach in Rye, NH. Such a beautiful evening it was.

Btw, I adore your header photo!

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, I love reading them! Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment! :)