Far away places

I don't know what happens to me in the winter, but the lack of sun and warmth here in New England really takes it toll. Having a reason to go down to the beach with my camera in hand is sometimes a cover for my real obsession, dreaming of summer. I think fellow northerners are feeling the winter blahs, too. Founder of the Female Photographers of Etsy, and established and extremely talented photographer Elle Moss, designed a lovely mosaic around the escapism theme today on her "Diary of a Mod Housewife" blog. Featured is my photo "Mykonos Windmills".

I'm also listing a new starfish perspective photo today on my etsy shop.

I really enjoyed finding this little guy and it was hard seeing him on the sand, so I propped him against this black rock. I love how just viewing images from this day last weekend takes me to another season.

I'd love to put together a card set with some of these beach prints from Charlestown, Rhode Island, and one of the Narragansett Towers as well. I know it has mostly regional fame, but I think the colors and the themes will have universal appeal. After all, our little state is quintessential coastal, with its cedar shake homes, deep blue waters and miles of sandy shoreline. I'll share more from this day in the coming weeks, including some shots I got of some very brave surfers down at the Narragansett Beach.

Oh, and in other news, I won a photo giveaway featured by Ottawa nature and wilderness photographer Caitlin, aka The Paper Butterfly! I was super excited because her pieces capture those moments in nature that you pretty much only dream of. The prints featured here are the ones I won!  I was also speechless when I saw the photos from her recent nature walk featuring a barred owl and some extremely friendly deer. Thanks Caitlin!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

I'm with you on the winter blahs, Mary! This is so pretty ... I can never get enough of beach photos!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Hope to see you again.

~ Lynda

Mary said...

thanks Lynda! I owe you a shout out from your fpoe feature week ;)

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, I love reading them! Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment! :)