Cape Cod memories


Cape Cod shells- sepia
Originally uploaded by maryvican


I just reworked a piece of mine I took last year in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. I decided I liked the sepia tone in this particular one. Believe it or not, this pile of shells was in someone's driveway. I loved its random nature and simple beauty. I hope I didn't scare the residents when I drove up, snapped, and peeled away from their lovely little home. I'm almost getting lost in day dreams thinking about being back "On Cape" again this summer. I think I'll start my weekend treks early this year! (Last year, I tried so desperately to make it to the Tihonet village market's cranberry bog tours, but every weekend last summer, it rained. I was soooo bummed.) Cape Cod, in particular the town of Wareham, is home to Ocean Spray and their bazillion cranberries and bogs. Oh what a treat to see those bright little berries floating around under the sun. Sigh!
A fellow photographer Wendy just informed me that some seals were seen basking off the coast last weekend. I don't think I've ever seen seals, so I might check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, I love reading them! Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment! :)