RaceyTay brings me back to "New York in Autumn"

I've been following Canadian Tracey's (aka RaceyTay's) photography for a while now. Her motto, "I brake for bokeh," pretty much says it all: she loves shallow depth of field and the soft, light blur of subjects in the background. (Bokeh, taken from the Japanese word meaning "blur", is the Americanized version of Boke, since most Americans mispronounced it as rhyming with "spoke", but it is pronounced like "BO-kah.")


 Anyway, how lucky was I to learn that after entering in her super popular online contest, I won a free print from her? The only hard part was choosing! I finally decided on this piece:


I adore the dreamy bokeh of sunlight and fence post in this piece! And the colors are classic and creamy. I can't wait to hang this on my wall!  I'll be reminded of the place my sister lives every time I look at it.

Besides gorgeous fences ("fenceh", as she likes to say) Tracey also works her unique magic on everyday sightings like bicycles, ferris wheels, and birds- her bird photography is downright amazing on its own, but check out this incredible capture of a "Greedy Blue Jay" available in her shop, and you'll get a sense of her humor and personality as well!:


Tracey's online shop is well worth visiting! You'll soon see why her work is so popular. And even cooler, she creates her own- FREE- presets and actions for use in Lightroom and Photoshop, so that we can all have fun glowifying our photos! Check her blog for those free goodies!

4 comments:

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Nice win, Love her work. :) T.

racey.tay said...

Thank you for such a lovely blog post, Mary. I've never done a giveaway where the winners were not random, this was such fun, I am going to run all my giveaways this way in the future. I'm so glad the photo is going to a home where it will be appreciated.

-Tracey

Andrea Badgley said...

awesome post! I love RaceyTay's work, and I've always wondered what her twitter name "ibrakeforbokeh" means. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on your win!

Caitlin said...

Great post, Mary. I love her work too, such beautiful soft textures and luscious colours. Congrats on winning a print :)

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, I love reading them! Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment! :)