Around my House, Part 1...

I was forced to do some re-organizing of my house recently, after having some electrical work done. And someday, when I'm confident with how it looks, I'll post some pics...until then, I thought I would share some finds around my house with you..


This frame, along with two others just like it, now sits proudly on my "buffet" (a little built in between my kitchen and dining room.) It's supposed to look like white coral but it's actually a super-lightweight resin of some kind....I found these at Home Goods for $4.99 apiece!  Inside each one I have displayed my new postcards from The Nebulous Kingdom, aka AnneJulie Aubry of France. I'm particularly fond of her hauntingly beautiful "Lost Key Series"....


I love the positive messages and beautiful etched artwork of these small, affordable plaques by Wisconsin artist Michael Macone, of Spooner Creek. His work can be found in a lot of the little shops we have here in Wickford, Newport and South County Rhode Island. I really need to find a better hanger for this other than a pushpin...I must have been in a hurry to get it on the wall. Next....


I don't think I'll ever stop worshipping this adorable drawing that my sister gave me years ago. If I had to guess I would say she was somewhere around six years old and I would have been sixteen or so... that's her, gazing lovingly at me, with a big heart between us. Above are the words "Sister Love Forever." I have this hanging in a picture frame in my front entry and it always makes me smile.


I found this on my desk in the back bedroom...it's a small 1-inch metal cube of "Happy Vices"..I guess you're supposed to roll it on the table and see which vice it lands on? I don't know. It's one of the weirdest things I ever bought.

Well, hope you enjoyed! Back to cleaning! :) - Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love that last block, especially.

It's so cool that you have these meaningful items decorating your home. We/I (hubz and I) moved into our home a year ago and I was so excited about decorating and such, but haven't really gotten into it much. This post is kind of giving me that push to try to start up again!

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, I love reading them! Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment! :)