Tim writes that, among other things, it's his goal to photograph some of the great hot spots for photos in our little state. He'd shot beautiful scenes in lots of our towns, all of our lighthouses, and various yearly events including our Quonset air show and artsy summer festivals. Sometimes, I just can't get away, so I'm trying to learn more about what I can take great photos of when it's impossible to travel. As I learned last year when times were tight, sometimes it's nice to play tourist in your own town, state or region! And in doing so, I've discovered some of the most simply pictoresque scenes I've ever come across.
Local places and events I've discovered in my quest for photos:
- Pequotsepos Nature Center, Mystic, CT
- Audubon Society, Bristol, RI
- Sachuest Wildlife Preserve, Middletown, RI
- Cliff Walk, Newport, RI
- Rhode Island flower and garden show, Providence, RI
- Cape Cod- all of it, Massachusetts
- Historic Downtown, Wakefield, RI
- Breachway, Charlestown, RI
- Port of Galilee, Narragansett, RI
- Great Island, Point Judith, RI
- Mohegan Bluffs, Block Island, RI
I'm excited to say that since I got my new camera, my weekends have been filled with the joys of discovery and the awesome feeling of gratitude that I live in such a beautiful place! I can't wait to find more and share all of them.