Scenic Rhode Island

I was so excited when I discovered this website today from photographer Tim Linden. 

Tim writes that, among other things, it's his goal to photograph some of the great hot spots for photos in our little state. He'd shot beautiful scenes in lots of our towns, all of our lighthouses, and various yearly events including our Quonset air show and artsy summer festivals. Sometimes, I just can't get away, so I'm trying to learn more about what I can take great photos of when it's impossible to travel. As I learned last year when times were tight, sometimes it's nice to play tourist in your own town, state or region! And in doing so, I've discovered some of the most simply pictoresque scenes I've ever come across.

Local places and events I've discovered in my quest for photos:
  • Pequotsepos Nature Center, Mystic, CT
  • Audubon Society, Bristol, RI
  • Sachuest Wildlife Preserve, Middletown, RI
  • Cliff Walk, Newport, RI
  • Rhode Island flower and garden show, Providence, RI
  • Cape Cod- all of it, Massachusetts
  • Historic Downtown, Wakefield, RI
  • Breachway, Charlestown, RI
  • Port of Galilee, Narragansett, RI
  • Great Island, Point Judith, RI
  • Mohegan Bluffs, Block Island, RI
Here's an oldie but goodie, the Newport Bridge. To me as a child, it was thrilling to be able to drive over the water and skim under the surface of the white arches. Now I know that if it's a clear day and if you look eastward, you can see Block Island in the distance.



I'm excited to say that since I got my new camera, my weekends have been filled with the joys of discovery and the awesome feeling of gratitude that I live in such a beautiful place! I can't wait to find more and share all of them.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Wow, thanks for the mention! And great photo btw. I haven't seen anyone use a tree to frame the Newport Bridge, gives it a cool feeling.

Mary said...

thanks Tim! I liked that about it too. :)

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, I love reading them! Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment! :)