Installing a favicon has always mystified me but Blogger makes it easy. If you have a blogspot account, here's how to get one.
- First, decide on an image that will work. You want something that will identify your blog to others in their bookmarks or favorites. It has to be something that will look good tiny. Something without too much detail and one main subject should work.
- Next resize the image to 20 px square. You can use Photoshop or Picnik, which is free and easy to use. Save the image to your hard drive.
- Instead of logging into Blogger like you normally do, go to the beta link for Blogger- Blogger in Draft. This is the new site for blogger where they test all the new, cool functions. You can use it as your regular login page from now on, too, if you like.
- Go to your blog's design section where the Layout is. On the top of the layout on the left side, click on "edit" next to the word Favicon. Now upload your 20 px file from step 2.
- Hit save. Ta-Da! Admire your awesome new favicon.