My sister has moved home for the summer before she moves away again - sniffle- to the west coast. We traveled to New York to help her move out last month and then attended her graduation from college...and then little by little everyone I know comes out of hiding this season, having parties, barbecuing in the backyard, trying to figure out inexpensive day trips with the kids...I attempt to cram in as many social events and get-togethers as I can stand before the weather changes yet again. Summers in New England are so sadly fleeting.
So, if anyone is out there in blog world, or maybe you've been just as busy or more so than me...just wanted to say my shops will probably re-open by the end of the month. I have to go back and do a little house-cleaning but I have so many prints to add from the last few months, and I'm super excited about that.
In addition to fixing my own office and supplies before reopening, I plan to:
- analyze my print listings that have expired and either renew them or delete them
- add my new prints to my shop
- take photos of all the jewelry I have ready to sell (3-4 boxes worth)
- redo my print shop banner
- add links back to my shop in each individual listing, making it easier for people to find other sizes and similar pieces, etc
- reply to a few requests from very patient people for prints in custom sizes
- design a quick email response that I can send out to customers immediately after their purchase, identifying my email, when to expect their item(s), and offering any assistance with their order
- order more business cards from Moo with updated artwork
Taking a break from online selling has been a good decision for the last few months, at least for me, so I can spend the time I need doing the above and also just enjoying life. Anyone who tells you that opening an Etsy or Ebay account is easy is lying. But I really do enjoy interacting with people and I've made some great connections through my shops, especially with the other artists and sellers. I can't wait to get back into the swing of things....;)
Happy Summer! xo