Photographing Babies

I know nothing about this, actually. But one of my goals this year was to try to learn how to better photograph people. And what better subject than my new(ish) twin cousins?  I visited the other day with my handy dandy 50mm 1.4 lens which I have discovered is a life saver when it comes to inadequate interior lighting. So I tried to get down to their level so I could catch them learning to crawl around.



They move and squirm so much it's still hard to catch one of their "moments" but I was determined not to use the flash or pose them which I think looks cheesy and feels awkward. One of the twins was constantly entranced by me and my camera and stared at me the whole time and the other could not care less and wouldn't face me at all!


I loved when they turned to face one another, it looked like they were "discovering" each other for the first time, it was so adorable...they don't look too much alike but I liked the effect of the vintage processing here because it tied the photo together and made the twins appear more alike in skin tone and color.


When I couldn't get anything of their faces, while they played around with each other on the floor, I took some of the feet...I wanted to get the four feet together but, they wouldn't all keep them in the air at the same time...hehe!


There's a lot of creative photo options I would like to work on with these two cuties...they are just starting to discover the world around them and are taking on more interesting positions and interacting with each other which will make some nice keepsake photos for my cousin before they get any older.  ;)

2 comments:

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Mary these are so adorable :) I think you are approaching it the right way. Love those little feet in the air. :)

This is my plan to take better shots of people this year too!

Have a lovely Thursday, T. :)

Olivia StClaire said...

How cute!! Love little babies! Photographing people is so different from flowers/nature! Ssshh... while I enjoy people, I LOVE photographing nature! Enjoy your journey of learning!! xo

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, I love reading them! Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment! :)